ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – QUALITATIVE RESEARCHER
Take your career to the next level, while helping shape the future of qualitative research at Lewers. Work with the best of the best in a flexible, vibrant, and supportive culture.
A bit about Lewers
Lewers is an award-winning Australian insights agency, with creativity and innovation in our DNA. We seek out and engage leading-edge technology solutions that allow us to analyse and predict results with an exceptional level of depth and accuracy. We use these tools alongside traditional research techniques to solve a variety of business challenges for many of Australia’s leading brands. Lewers even has its own panel to enable truly agile research and act as a hothouse environment for testing new approaches.
Our team find the thrill of discovery addictive and live to uncover those ‘aha’ moments that we know can re-shape clients’ worlds. We communicate these insights in succinct and creative ways, handing our clients recommendations that inspire growth on a plate. We don’t forget the bigger picture, and constantly strive to use business as a force for good, both for our people and for our community. Our culture is vibrant, fast-paced, yet friendly and super supportive – we live by our Three Cs (Collaborative, Creative and Concrete – there’s a nice story to tell about that last ‘C’ if you’d like to know more!).
At Lewers, we don’t just think outside the sandpit, we build a bigger playground. We deliver, because we love what we do!
The role you will play in our team
You will be a core part of our forward-thinking qual team, working closely with the Head of Qual, as a strategic partner to our clients.
You will focus on managing qualitative projects of all sizes (both stand-alone and integrated qual/quant), but there’s much more to the role than this. You will also develop and nurture client partnerships, train and mentor the broader team, help guide and lead Lewers culture and direction, and explore new ways to collect, interpret and distil research findings. We want you to bring your expertise and fresh thinking to the business! You’ll have a chance to carve out and create your own patch should you wish – want to work with particular sectors, clients, methodologies, or tech? Let’s make it happen!
The skills we’d love you to bring
- 5-8 years’ experience with a broad range of qualitative methodologies including online boards, video depths, social listening/AI
- a qual-quant dualist is welcome, noting this role does primarily focus on qual (with quant specialists to support you)
- Second-nature understanding of the entire research project cycle
- Strong and proven skills in qualitative ‘data’ interpretation and visual/verbal storytelling
- The ability to step back and see the big picture, whilst having great attention to detail
- An insatiable curiosity into what makes people tick, how brands work, and how research can work even harder to unpack ‘real life’ decision making
- A flexible and adaptable approach – no two days are the same, so you must thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of variety.
- A strong sense of pride in your work
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- A PowerPoint pro
- A genuine desire to join a collaborative, close-knit, but independently minded team!
What sets us apart
- Culture is king at Lewers. While generous freebies and perks are on tap (including extra leave days), we really care that we celebrate our successes and our diversity, have agency to manage our own time and work flexibly, truly switch off when on leave, and enjoy our time at work. When you’re well-rested, you think better – so we encourage disconnection.
- A progressive approach to flexibility. Fully remote work possible for the right candidate, and a hybrid model for all.
- We prioritise work life balance. Whilst occasional late nights and busy patches do happen, we strive to minimise this and do not prioritise profit over people.
- We focus on doing good. Don’t get us wrong – we’re here to succeed – but we also want give back. We make all our business decisions with a strong moral compass; we regularly conduct pro-bono work and support social causes.
- We value everyone’s opinion. – we don’t believe in egos, pulling rank, or hierarchy – from a fresh grad to a 20-year veteran, everyone has a valued voice.
- We never stop learning! Access to your own personal professional development funds, plus regular SkillUp Sessions with internal and external speakers.
- A bright vibrant office environment with snacks and plants (and paintings!) aplenty, a zen room to chill, close to PT, and cheap convenient parking.
The nitty gritty
Full time position, aoption of a hybrid working model in Melbourne or fully remote role. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required. Must have the right to work in Australia. Competitive salary scaled in line with experience.
*Contact Andy McLellan for a confidential chat on 0412 625 764 or email: email@example.com.